GOLDEN OLIVE OIL People have been producing olive oil for 6,500 years and its importance is so high that it is sometimes called «liquid gold».
“GL” Online store offers golden olive oil, which:
– is produced from olives of Arbequina and Farga and infused into 24-karat nutritional gold in flake form;
– Has a gentle balanced aroma of fresh green olives with shades of green almonds and walnuts, harmoniously combining sweetness and bitterness in a «golden aftertaste»;
– adds a great feature to cream soups, poultry meat, white fish, delicate salads, grilled vegetables, pasta with vegetables, pizza, risotto, cheese, etc., turning every dish into a magnificent piece of «haute cuisine».
Golden olive oil does not change the taste of food, but brings out its flavor and gives it unique color. You just need to lightly sprinkle a few drops of Golden Olive Oil on the prepared dish to reveal a completely different dimension of food.
Olive oil is produced in a limited series, combining pleasure and exclusivity, a magical taste and an astonishing spectacle of glistening golden flakes.
Olive oil with Gold is unique!
Golden olive oil is produced in extremely small quantities. So as to meet the demands of customers, the online store «GL» offers its customers gold olive oil directly from two Spanish manufacturers:
– «Palmar Luxury» (250 ml each) and – «Lágrimas de Medina Albaida» (350 ml each).
Both types are produced specifically for «GL», with limited high class series of «Aceite de Oliva Extra Virgen» and exclusively from local varieties of premium quality olives.
Spain is the world’s leading producer of Olive Oil. It has been cultivated for 3000 years! Due to its uncontrollable ability to reproduce, the olive became a symbol of longevity: if a fire burns down a tree, but at least a small piece of tree left alive, then in a few days new sprouts will emerge! In Spain, about 300 million olive trees are growing, among which there are olives, which are more than 1000 years old and they still bear fruit! The average life expectancy of an olive tree is 500 years. To make 1 liter of extra virgin olive oil, it takes 5-6 kg of olives, which are squeezed out by cold pressing method for a duration of two hours after harvesting. Due to lower processing temperatures, which preserve the quality of flavor and nutritional value, olive oil of the highest quality is obtained. Olives of Arbequina are one of Spain’s most famous varieties from ancient times. They are grown in the provinces of Tarragona and Lleida, ripen from mid-December to early January. Olives of this variety are small (1.9 g.) and round, with a reddish color, At the start of harvest, they have a pronounced bitterness, but in the end – a sweeter taste with a nutty aftertaste of green almonds. Arbekina is a low-yielding variety, but very popular because of its quality, delicate texture, fresh fruit aroma and sweet taste with hints of apple and almond.
Farga varieties are grown mainly in the northeast and east of the country, in the provinces of Castellón, Tarragona and Lleida. This is one of the oldest varieties in the world and the only variety whose fruits are used for making oil at any age. In the Catalan village of Uldekona, grows one of the oldest olive trees of this variety, called Farga d’Ario. It was planted during the reign of the Roman emperor Constantine I and it is over 1700 years old! Olives from such thousand-year-old trees are especially appreciated, because they are very sensitive to colds and they do not always guarantee good harvest. Farga olive oil has a light texture and an aroma of green almonds and nuts.
The Advantages of olive oil.
The first Olive oil extract – ExtraVirgen is a storage of vitamins, minerals, polyphenols, hence it possesses pronounced anti-inflammatory properties.
The acidity level of olive oil indicates the presence of oleic acid (Omega-9) in 100 g of product: the more the oleic acid, the lower the natural acidity of unrefined olive oil and the higher its quality. By the way, the softer the taste of the oil, the lower its acidity. For example, oil that has a slight herbaceous aroma and aftertaste has an acidity level of 0.4-0.6%. In Spain, olive oil with acidity of 0.2% and below is officially considered curative, contributing to the prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system, diabetes and cancer. By the way, the acidity of our olive oil «Golden 24 K» is also very low.
Olive oil contains up to 81% oleic acid, so it is less oxidized, even at high temperatures the chemical composition remains stable. This means that it is possible and necessary to use olive oil for thermal food processing.
A Spanish folk proverb says: «Eat olive oil – and your sickness is extinguished,» because olive oil:
– restores the skin, holds up moisture in it and rejuvenates it; – promotes the development of antioxidants, i.e. prevents aging of the body as a whole, and also prevents atherosclerosis, thrombosis and Alzheimer’s disease; – maintains the strength of hair and nails, maintains strength and muscular tonus; – reduces the general cholesterol level, while increasing the level of «useful» cholesterol and reduces the content of «bad» cholesterol; – plays an important role in the prevention of: cardiovascular, cancer, infectious diseases.
According to medical research, daily consumption of olive oil should be on average 20 to 40 grams per day.